Gulf Winds operates over 2 million sq. ft. of warehouse space in the Houston area to handle your transload, storage and distribution needs. Our strategic locations are set adjacent to The Port of Houston's Barbours Cut and Bayport container terminals. In addition, our 3PL storage and distribution warehouse is located across the street from the BNSF intermodal yard. Our proximity to the port and rail yards results in logistical savings for our clients. Gulf Winds also offers multiple programs such as Transload and Overweight Programs allowing you to save up to 30% on your supply chain costs.
3PL Warehousing services include:
- Transloading - Save up to 30% when delivering over 250 miles from origin with transload services through Gulf Winds.
- Import - Gulf Winds will transfer your import cargo from a container to a domestic truck or rail car resulting in dramatic inland transportation savings.
- Export - Save money by transloading cargo from domestic truck or rail car into export ocean containers in lieu of running containers round trip. Our facilities are rail served by the BNSF, UPRR, and PTRA.
- Storage - With 7 warehouses located across the Houston area, we have a warehouse that will fit your storage needs. Our facilities are Customs Bonded, TABC permitted, and Food Grade Certified.
- Distribution - We offer distribution services including pallet and case level picking for outbound distribution.
- Container Drayage - Gulf Winds will transport your import or export containers to and from the port or rail facility and provide you with FREE container monitoring via Gulf Winds' state-of-the-art gwiTrack® system.
- Sampling and Destruction - A full complement of inventory management and material handling services is available at all Gulf Winds facilities.
- Domestic Transportation - As one of the largest outbound shippers in Houston, Gulf Winds has the buying power to lower your outbound domestic transportation costs.
- Inventory Management - Check on hand inventory or monitor inbound and outbound activity with Gulf Winds management system, gwiTrack.
- Overweight Transloading - Our strategic port and rail location combined with our permit through Harris County allow us to handle up to maximum container capacity resulting in significant ocean freight savings for our clients who desire to load heavy.
Security. Feel secure with Gulf Winds knowing that your cargo is being stored in warehouses that are fully fenced with monitored security systems and 24/7 on-site security by a top-rated security company. Gulf Winds is also fully sprinklered and uses motion detectors, beams and door contacts in all our facilities.
EQUIPMENT AND PRODUCTS
- Warehouse Equipment. Gulf Winds has a large assortment of warehouse equipment to handle a variety of products such as: Fork Lifts, Heavy Lifts, Top Loaders, Cranes, Pallet Inverters, Slipsheet Attachments, Roll Clamps and much more.
- Products. Gulf Winds can handle many different products such as: Palletized Cargo, Handstacked or Loose Loaded Cargo, Ceramic Tile, Building Products, Machinery, Steel Coils, Valves, Paper, Cotton, Lumber, Food Products, Beverages, Alcohol, Oil Field Supplies, Resin, Gypsum, Green Coffee, Tea, and much more.
PERMITS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- U.S. Customs Bonded
- TABC Permitted
- NYBOT Certified for Storage of Exchange Coffee
- Food Grade Certified including USDA and AIB
- Certified for Public Weighing
- Certified Pest Control Program