Container drayage done right!
Gulf Winds' offers unmatched container drayage capacity in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth at both port and rail terminals.
We also offer nationwide container drayage services into a number of other major port and rail terminals around the country through our proprietary container management process.
Strategic Terminal Locations
In Houston, Gulf Winds offers convenient terminal locations adjacent to the BNSF intermodal yard as well as the Port of Houston’s Barbours Cut & Bayport container terminals. In Dallas/Fort Worth, we operate secure yards in close proximity to both the BNSF – Alliance & UP – DIT allowing us to quickly and easily access your cargo.
Moving containers through multiple ports & ramps?
Let Gulf Winds handle your container moves nationwide!
- We offer a single source solution that adapts to your individual needs.
- Stop juggling multiple providers and save time and money now. Every move counts!
- Increased visibility, security and improve communication along your Supply Chain!
How are you managing your Bookings & Shipments?
Our state of the art systems gives you cargo management capabilities 24/7.
A single web-based dashboard provides COMPLETE VISIBILITY of your cargo in transit or sitting at our warehouse
This visibility is available NATIONWIDE
gwiTrack is FREE when you chose Gulf Winds as your transportation partner
Over the last 24 months, Gulf Winds worked to develop gwiMove, a tablet application that provides owner operators real time access to improve productivity and visibility to their daily workflow using mobile devices.
Real Time Arrival & Departure events
Increased Efficiencies - Drivers can review pre-assigned loads & get dispatches
Paperless Documents - Instant access to Proof of Deliveries, Bill of Ladings & Interchanges
Equipment Visibility - Real time visibility to loaded or empty equipment
Pay Information - Review pay settlements in real time
Maintenance Reports - Submit reports and receive updates electronically
Messaging allows drivers to communicate with Gulf Winds quickly
Gulf Winds will continue to make enhancements to gwiMove by developing leading proprietary technologies for the intermodal drayage industry.
Permits and Certifications
- Smartway Transport Partner
- Hazmat Certified
- The highest FMCSA Motor Carrier Safety Rating “Satisfactory”
- State of Texas Permitted and Bonded to Haul Overweight Containers
- Permitted by Harris County to Haul Overweight Containers (no weight restrictions) over Barbours Cut Blvd and Port Road
- TABC Permit # MC 320104-B
- FHWA # MC 320104-C / USDOT # 690147