What is Drayage?
Drayage is the transportation of freight, cargo, or containers over a reasonably short distance, usually as part of an overall transloading or shipping process. Shipments are usually taken from major ports and transported to their new destination, whether it's a warehouse, rail terminal or other ports- or vice versa. Drayage is typically performed within one business day or one work shift.
Gulf Winds' offers unmatched container and intermodal drayage & trucking capacity in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth at both port and rail terminals. We also offer nationwide container drayage services into a number of other major port and rail terminals around the country through our proprietary container management process.
Our Drayage Benefits
- Strategic Terminal Locations – In Houston, Gulf Winds offers convenient terminal locations adjacent to the BNSF intermodal yard as well as the Port of Houston’s Barbours Cut and Bayport container terminals. In Dallas/Fort Worth, we operate secure yards in close proximity to both the BNSF – Alliance and UP – DIT allowing us to quickly and easily access your cargo.
DRAYAGE & TRUCKING TERMINALS
- Trucking Capacity. With over 350 trucks and a private fleet of equipment including over 900 chassis, tri-axle chassis, combo chassis, flatbeds, drop-decks, and vans, Gulf Winds has the flexibility to meet all of your trucking & transportation needs.
- Safety and Security. Gulf Winds secure trucking yards are fully fenced and monitored 24/7 by on-site security through a top-rated security company. Cargo Security is a top priority for our company.
- Certifications. Gulf Winds is Hazmat and TABC certified with a "Satisfactory" Motor Carrier Safety Rating.
- Overweight Permits (1547) (Super-Heavy). All of Gulf Winds' owner operators are permitted (1547) through the State of Texas to haul 5% over legal gross and 10% over legal axle weight. It is important to understand that this permit is provided on a per truck basis. In addition, Gulf Winds also has overweight permits through Harris County that allow us to haul overweight containers to our Barbours Cut and Bayport warehouse facilities. These permits allow our clients to maximize cargo weight and save on ocean and transportation costs.
PERMITS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Smartway Transport Partner
- Hazmat Certified
- "Satisfactory" Motor Carrier Safety Rating
- State of Texas Permitted and Bonded to Haul Overweight Containers
- Permitted by Harris County to Haul Overweight Containers (no weight restrictions) over Barbours Cut Blvd and Port Road
- TABC Permit # MC 320104-B
- FHWA # MC 320104-C / USDOT # 690147
[Gulf Winds] is our go to company for container drayage service, because of their unmatched level of communication, and coordination with our operations and logistics department.